Help or Donate
Local NZ Based Initiatives
Help for Ukrainians fleeing the war and moving to NZ
- The Ukrainian Refugee Relocation Trust was established in March 2022 by Mahi for Ukraine and is managed by an Independent Trustee – Perpetual Guardian (the trading name of Perpetual Trust Limited). All funds raised (incl. direct donations) will be held in the New Zealand Ukrainian Refugee Relocation Trust and used for the benefit of Ukrainians relocating to New Zealand to escape the war. Our account details for donations: 02-0108-0306765-003 (IMPORTANT: please use the following client number as your reference when doing transfers: 3010211430). Atawhai for Ukraine – if you are a Special Ukraine Visa holder currently based in New Zealand, you can apply for a support package through the Ukrainian Refugee Relocation Trust’s initiative “Atawhai for Ukraine “, the URR Trust details can also be found on this page.
- Aroha for UKraine Project. We have collated the Aroha for UKraine submissions from Kiwi kids and they have been made into a book called “Aroha for Ukraine”. At this time, we can only publish it as an e-book digitally, but we are fundraising to produce print copies that we can gift to the Ukrainian children and families who have come to New Zealand since 15 March 2022. Would you help us? – Find out how here | Read the book here.
- If you are a Kiwi who would like to offer some help to Ukrainians arriving in NZ (e.g. accommodation, material items donation, complementary or discounted service, employment offer, or any other), please fill out UANZ THIS FORM and tell them about it so that they can connect you to our community members. This form and data, collected through it, is managed by the Ukrainian Association of New Zealand (UANZ), Mahi for Ukraine does not hold or process any of this information. Alternatively, if you wnat to get in touch with the Mahi4Ua team you can email us directly with your offer of help (email subject: “Refugee help offer”).
- UANZ support form. If you are a Ukrainian, who recently arrived or are soon to be arriving in NZ to escape the war, and seeking support, please tell UANZ about it by filling out THIS FORM, so they can try and match you with the offers of help they receive from generous New Zealanders. This form and data, collected through it, is managed by the Ukrainian Association of New Zealand (UANZ) Northern Inc, Mahi for Ukraine does not hold or process any of this information.
- Also, check out our EVENTS & INITIATIVES page for any current ongoing initiatives.
Adecco Group – Jobs for Ukraine platform
- How does it work? The Jobs for Ukraine platform is a free-to-post platform for any company looking to offer opportunities for displaced workers. An Adecco expert team of Ukrainian and English speakers is dedicated to supporting candidates and connecting them with companies. Follow THIS LINK to find out more and register your company if you’re an employer.
Support Ukrainian-owned business in New Zealand
- Check out THIS PAGE on our website for the list of Ukrainian-owned businesses in NZ and their details.
Official Ukrainian Government Fundraisers & Resources
- Official National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) Fundraising Account for Humanitarian Assistance to Ukrainians Affected by Russia’s Aggression.
- Official NBU fundraiser to support Ukraine’s Armed Forces.
- eDopomoga – millions of Ukrainians have become Internally Displaced People (IDPs), are in danger, or simply unable to buy food, hygiene products, and basic necessities. You can help them. The “єДопомога” platform was established by the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine with the support of the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine and UNDP with the financial support of Sweden to meet the urgent needs of citizens affected or forced to change their place of residence due to russian aggression.
- United24 the initiative of the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
- Voices of Children Foundation
- NZ Herald & World Vision joint Ukraine Crisis Appeal
- Save the Children
Other Recognised Initiatives
Global & Ukrainian
- Come Back Alive – Supplying Ukraine’s defense forces with defensive equipment. Armour, bulletproof vests, night vision goggles, etc.
- Army SOS – Supplying Ukrainian soldiers with necessary medicine.
- Prytula Foundation.
- LGBTQIA+ – Ukraine Support Organisation: Insight Ukraine.
- Revived Soldiers Ukraine – A non-profit to help wounded soldiers, and their rehabilitation.
- Unite With Ukraine – The Ukrainian World Congress (UWC) fundraiser.
- UkraineNow – a global decentralized effort to help Ukrainians and other nations deal with the humanitarian crisis and consequences of a brutal invasion by the Russian Federation.
- Repair Together is a Ukrainian student volunteer collective and initiative to help rebuild, repair, and restore communities that sustained damage and suffered from Russian occupation (sort of an equivalent of the Student Volunteer Army). Instagram: @repair.together
Ukraine Crisis Appeal (Australia) is the largest Australian tax-deductible fundraising effort for Ukraine. It is a collaboration between: the Australian Federation of Ukrainian Organisations; Rotary Australia World Community Service; and Caritas Ukraine. It was established in 2015 to help provide emergency and humanitarian aid to those affected by russia’s war in Ukraine. See the latest update on their fund here.
New Zealand Led
- Kiwi K.A.R.E Givealittle. Kiwi K.A.R.E (Kiwi Aid & Refugee Evacuation) is operating in Ukraine delivering essential supplies and evacuating civilians from dangerous areas, and is led by Tenby Powell. With over three decades of military service in the NZ Army, a successful business career, and service on government boards, Tenby is funding his own way while in Ukraine and now seeks help with sustainable funding for Kiwi K.A.R.E.
The UANZ collaboration with Rotary NZ World Community Service is aimed at addressing the emergency medical needs of people in Ukraine, supplying food, and goods of first need, and assisting in support of displaced Ukrainian communities worldwide. This support is being organised through the network of the Rotary clubs and the Rotary Districts in Ukraine and Poland. The donations into the UANZ – Rotary scheme are tax deductible. Account # 03-1702-0192208-01 Donation receiver: Rotary NZ World Community Service (RNZWCS) Westpac, Reference 2232.
Doctors without Borders – “Healthcare workers New Zealand: Work a shift for Ukraine” initiative. Donate your earnings from a shift or day’s work to Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) who are providing medical humanitarian assistance to those affected by the war in Ukraine.
DISCLAIMER: While every effort has been made to ensure the information in this publication is accurate, Mahi for Ukraine does not accept any responsibility or liability for error of fact, omission, interpretation or opinion that may be present, nor for the consequences of any decision based on this information.